- This event has passed.
Make Your Own Tilly & The Buttons CLEO Dress
August 2 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£45
Learn To Make Your Own Tilly & The Buttons Cleo Dress Plus Pattern Hacks!
The Cleo Dress is a dungaree style top, pinafore dress.
We will cut out and make up the dress in one of the two options offered.
A mini length or knee length with optional front slit. You will be taken through each of the stages of making getting lots of hints and tips along the way.
Particular aspects of making that we will focus on will be:-
- Cutting out accurately and effectively
- Making best use of pattern markings
- Facings and use of interfacing
- Tips for working with a medium thick fabric
- Creating a top-stitched welt seam (to look like a double stitching on jeans)
- Getting a really well shaped patch pocket
- Turning a very accurate double fold hem
- Use of button and buttonholes or use of dungaree clips
By the end of the day you can expect to have covered all of the above. How far you get through making the item will depend upon how quickly you cut out and sew. You will be able to work at a pace that is right for you to get the best out of the day. You will receive some written notes that you get to keep that will be in addition to the instructions that are part of the pattern.
You will need to purchase the Cleo pattern and the fabric and notions.
They are listed as follows having been taken from the pattern envelope:
- Fabric- medium weight woven fabrics that hold their shape such as denim, corduroy, cotton drill, gabardine, canvas or wool.
- Mini – 150 cm wide 1.2 m or 115 cm wide 1.8 m
- Knee length – 150 cm wide 1.3 m or 115 cm wide 1.9 m
- Matching thread + optional contrast colour top-stitching thread and a top-stitching machine needle
- 40 cm interfacing
- 2 x 30-35 mm wide dungaree buckles or 2 x no-sew jeans buttons or 2 x 15-20 mm buttons
Please also bring a basic sewing kit with you.