- This event has passed.
Make your own Tilly & The Buttons – Stevie Dress or Top
March 27, 2020 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm£45
Tilly & The Buttons – Stevie Dress or Top making Workshop
With no darts, zips or set-in sleeves, Stevie is a satisfyingly quick and easy make – yay! Stevie has a modern, boxy fit, with round neckline and grown-on sleeves, closing at the back with pretty ties or button loop. Make as a top with cropped hemline that hits the high hip, or above-the-knee dress length, with optional turn-up cuffs and patch pocket. Throw it on with a statement necklace and you’re good to go!
FABRIC SUGGESTIONS – Light- to medium-weight woven fabrics, such as linen, double gauze, chambray, cotton lawn, viscose (rayon). If you’re a confident stitcher, try a sandwashed silk or crêpe de chine.
- Your own Tilly & The Buttons Stevie Pattern
- Fabric – Top – Sizes 1-5: 1.1m (1 1/4yd) x 150cm (60in) wide Top – Sizes 6-10: 1.6m (1 3/4yd) x 150cm (60in) OR Top ALL sizes: 1.8m (2 yd) x 115cm (45in) wide;
Dress – Sizes 1-5: 1.4m (1 1/2yd) x 150cm (60in) wide Dress – Sizes 6-10: 2.1m (2 3/8yd) x 150cm (60in) OR Dress ALL sizes: 2.3m (2 1/2yd) x 115cm (45in) wide
- Matching thread
- 0.3m (3/8yd) interfacing (similar weight to your fabric)
- For button loop version: 1 x 12-18mm (1/2 – 3/4in) button and elasticated hairband
- Sewing machine and basic tools, incl buttonhole foot