Do you want to treat a loved one this Christmas to a new sewing machine? Know a sewing enthusiast who needs an upgrade to their sewing machine? Here at Franklin’s, we have the perfect selection of sewing machines to bring a smile to the sewers in your life.
What are the different types of sewing machines?
Sewing machines come in many different styles and can be used for a range of textile hobbies. If you are gifting a sewing machine to a friend or family member, it is important to know what kind of sewing machine they like and the function of their sewing machine. The most common examples are:
- Electrical sewing machines
- Mini/portable machines
- Computerised sewing machines
- Embroidery machines
- Quilting machines
- Overlocker/serger machines
All of these machines have different uses and come at different price points. For more information, check out this blog on the different types of sewing machines.
Key things to look out for when buying a sewing machine:
There are a few things you should look out for when buying a sewing machine, these include:
- Brand – some well-known brands are Janome, Singer and Brother, but other manufacturers still make quality machines.
- Features – do you want different embroidery stitches? Or a computerised panel for detailed work?
- Reviews – see what other customers and industry experts are saying about your sewing machine – you need to make sure you are buying the right type for your family/friend.
For a more detailed breakdown, visit this blog on tips for buying a sewing machine.
We have a wide range of embroidery machines, sewing machines and accessories, perfect for giving as a gift this Christmas. Visit our website to see our Christmas range or contact us for more information.